Band 5 Registered Nurse Job Description- Continuing Care Services
Band 5 Staff Nurse- Continuing Care Services
Salary £28,672- £37,248 Per Annum
Permanent part-time & full-time (37.5 hours a week)
Suitable for experienced and newly qualified
– General Adult Nurses
– Learning & Disability Nurses
– Mental Health Nurses
- Return to work nurses
The RHN has a capacity of 230 patients and residents. 107 of these are cared for in the Continuing Care services in the specialist nursing home. We provide short and long-term specialist services for adults with profound or complex neurological injuries. We have 4 specialist Continuing Care Wards which range in different skills and areas of expertise such as PDOC (disorders of consciousness), respiratory and slow stream rehabilitation. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills by rotating through the service to learn new skills if desired and will be working in a strong team of professionals.
Under new leadership, Continuing Care Services are seeking motivated nursing staff who are eager to learn much sought after clinical skills, while identifying and creating new and innovative ways to adapt our services to meet the continuing needs of our residents. You will be working as part of an Interdisciplinary team with Drs, therapists and many specialists to provide assessments and care for our residents under the support of Charge Nurses, Managers and Matrons.
This specialist service combines general acute care skills with a homely environment, providing daily activities and trips out with the residents to ensure our residents care needs are delivered as effectively as possible whilst ensuring individuality. You will be able to learn and provide rehab and ITU skills within the comfort of a calm, homely environment.
Main Objectives of the role
Midwifery Council Code.
Person specification: Essential and Desirable
Training, education and support available within this service:
- 2 weeks supernumery working upon recruitment
- Supported Probationary programme
- Complex postural management,
- Tracheostomy and specialist airway management,
- Gastrostomy and jejunostomy care,
- Intravenous therapy
- Practice Assessor qualification (Mentorship)
- Support with NMC Revalidation
- Preceptorship programme with ongoing learning
- Allocated time for CPD
- Clinical skills specialised training and workshops
- Opportunities for conferences and presentations/publications/ research
- Clinical and management competency based program to support nurse development and structured career progression
- Support and further training/ skills from our in-house specialist nurse teams including tissue viability, continence care, respiratory care, palliative care, infection control, gastrostomy care.
- RCN Accredited Putney Nurse programme
Other benefits include:
· Onsite Accommodation available
· Weekend and night shift enhancements
· Flexible working opportunities
· Free uniform
· Free parking
· Bank shifts with weekly pay
· Wellbeing service 24/7 including counselling sessions if required
· 28 Days holiday (including Bank Holidays) pro rata for part-time staff
· Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
· Yearly increments
· Refer a friend scheme
· Occupational Health Service including provision of recommended vaccinations
· Paid DBS
· Welcoming & supportive environment
We also offer a walk around and meet and greet for the service if you would like the opportunity to see what we have to offer. If you would like further information or the chance to speak with one of the Matrons to discuss job opportunities then please email Laura Chapman at email@example.com.
**Candidates applying for a role at the Royal Hospital for Neuro Disability will be expected to have received their vaccination against the coronavirus strain (COVID19) as part of our pre-employment process before commencing employment at the RHN. Please let us know if you have not managed to arrange to receive the vaccine via other channels yet, as we are able to arrange the administration of the vaccine within the hospital. Please note that if you have a medical reason as to why you are not able to have the vaccine or you have any questions on the vaccination, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org**